7/9/13

Andy Murray has 3 Bags Full of Gooseberries.

Day 7

       England is made up of many little villages; they are all special in there own right. The village we went to, Galmpton, was in the middle of no where. There was a gooseberry festival going on today. I figured it would be fun since I was found underneath a gooseberry bush, and not conceived. We went to this festival specifically to see a local band "3 Bags Full". Even if we were there four hours early. The fist entertainment was Joe, a reggae singer form Jamaica, who was a very good singer/ entertainer. Then the local brass band played, I genuinely enjoyed the Grease medley at the end. My least favorite act was the Brixham College Big Band, a group of 11-16 year-olds playing instruments and singing. The instrumental bit was quite good, they were talented for being young. The singers, that's a very different story. The "lead" singer was as white as they come and was singing like an Aretha Franklin wanna-be.

       3 Bags Full were fantastic. They only sung covers but they were so fun and into the whole performance. I danced from when they started to when they left. There sound was kind of tropically influenced but rocking at the same time!



        My favorite  part of the afternoon was being in a British pub when Andy Murray won Wimbledon. We were all sat in a small room in the back with the match being projected out onto a wall. That last 5 or 6 advantages were brutal, everyone was yelling and clapping. When Djokovic stuffed it in the net, everyone was on their feet screaming and crying. I even started crying (no surprise there), grow men were even crying. It was an experience I've never had before, there was such a unity in the room. It was AMAZING!!!!

         Morris dancers preformed with their sticks and Rasta dreadlock beanies. It was a very complicated dance by the looks of things. (NOT)!!


I met/ re-met Sam and Lisa, they didn't recognize me. I mean its only been 14 odd years! They were lovely and send Mommy and Daddy their love:)

Kind of awkward.... My fault! Taataa for now xoxoxo


1 comment: