7/1/13

The Flying Dead and Fake Teeth

Day 1


          To start off probably one of the longest days I've ever had, we found out our flight didn't leave at 8:40 a.m but at 8:00 a.m. Realizing we had about ten minutes to get ready everyone was in a rush. Being in a rush comes hand-in-hand with forgetting things. I, shockingly, didn't forget anything (that I'm aware of). Grandma however forgot her wedding ring and my Grandad's fountain pen. Total plot twist if you ask me!  

          It was a pretty big rush going through SFO security, when I say rush I mean cutting in front of the disabled person line. Getting to the gate we were late and the ticket people were about to sell one of our seats! Once we were on the plane Grandma and I were sat next to a very sleepy woman. She slept for almost the entire flight. This lady didn't move an inch for 2 1/2 hours, if we hadn't seen her breathing then we would've thought she was dead. While this nice lady was hibernating, I had to go. When you have to go, you go. I was debating whether or not to wake her up or just ninja slide over her.  I chose the latter.  After successfully completing the ninja slide I got a few claps and and a "nicely done".
  

       Another woman I came across was much more vocal. I went to use the toilets in Dulles International, and at the sinks was met with an old Indian woman.  Obviously feeling gross from her flight, she was washing her face in the sink.  She needed to give her mouth a rinse, and the only way to get a good thorough rinse is to take out your teeth; top and bottom! Also, clearing her airways and retrieving what was obstructing the back of her throat, hocked and hocked until the loogie finally surrendered into the sink. But wait! There's More!!! Not only did she clear her throat but her nose as well... using an index finger to block one nostril and to propel the snot rockets from the other down the drain.

        Our flights for the most part were very smooth and we arrived in Manchester to "sunshine" (it was only 50 odd degrees).  We were picked up by Grandma's neighbors, traveled down the M62 and I got to see the farmer's house in the middle of the freeway! (For those who don't know, the farmer refused to move when the freeway was being built and still lives there and has quite a few sheep!) 
        
       So after all of the excitement of today and technically yesterday, I have been sitting in the same chair with an electric blanket on me, in my sweats for.....7 hours on and off! I had a very long and very nice conversation with Sam.  I am off too see Sam, Holly and Millie tomorrow... Goodnight/ good afternoon or whatever! Muah xoxo 
      

3 comments:

  1. Your flight sounds hilarious!!! Have a wonderful time - can't wait for your next installment!! Love you!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have seen your face at the snot rockets! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elliot says "thanks Dad for taking me out and filling me up"

    where is part 2?

    Love
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete